Re: some "Lost 45's"...

In a message dated Thu, 31 May 2001 10:47:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jibguy writes:

<<
In a message dated 5/31/01 12:48:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, PWerlin@aol.com writes:    << there is one song that my friends and I loved, but not having listened to Lost 45's/70's shows in a long time, I don't know if it is playedn much. That song is "American City Suite" by Cashman and West.  The loooong version.   I used to know all the words. Do you guys remember that one?   >>    WJIB palys it occasionally, but have had comments that's it's depressing (The "A Friend Is Dying" portion -  which is really the most intensive part of the 7-minute medley), so I keep it few & far between.  ---jibguy   >>

I actually have WJIB programmed in the car and can often be seen singing along loudly to Lemon Tree or playing air piano to Cast your Fate to the Wind.  I'd probably drive off the road if I ever heard Amer City Suite on it.
  My friends and I were into the sad songs back then  - Seasons in the Sun and all that. I guess I've come full circle since in the early 70's I listened to WCAS.
  I have to ask you this - has WJIB ever played a group called The Free Design?