Re: WLAM is OFF THE AIR according to.....

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Dan Billings wrote:

> The WBAE tower is located behind the former WPOR building on Baxter
> Boulevard in Portland (right near Forest Avenue and the University of
> Southern Maine).

Ok, so WBAE is now what was known as WPOR (the country station), on AM
1490, right?

I'm confused.

Anyway, I remember when I was in Portland in 1998, a couple up there
told me that WPOR was moving out of that building (when I was in that
parking lot I peeked through the window and didn't see ANYONE).  Tandy
(1/2 of the couple) said something about an obstetrician or a women's
medical center moving in that building.  She said that her doctor was also
going in there.  Anyway....I don't remember.

What is IN that building nowadays? :)

Thanks

Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com