RE: some "Lost 45s"...

I've had some of these songs in my rotation when I did the Rocky W. Shore
Experience 70s Pop show (a few 60s peppered in as they were in the gold
rotation back in the day) at What morphed from WQAI 1570 in 1997 to WYHI in
1998 and WGSR in 2000/2001 in FL.

	***The GM, Vena, liked playing that one...

> --Mocedades, "Eres Tu". I actually did hear this on
> "Ocean 104" (standards) while on the Cape but it
> probably isn't on Oldies 103. Wonder why... (gasp!
> they're singing in Spanish! :))
	**** Played that one often. Sometimes when doing overnight DX tests
at 10kw NDA with my 15 year old daughter/board op/coffee fetcher in tow ,
I'd play that and being a first year Spanish student in High School, I'd put
her on the spot live on the air to translate the song. cue the deer in the
headlights look. Follow that with her evil eye shortly thereafter... thanks
Dad... lol.     But hey, she did know the Partridge Family (thanks to TV
Land and VH1's different feature shows), Neil Diamond, Bobby Sherman, Hey,
isn't HE that Vinnie Barbarino guy (John Travolta) from Grease and Saturday
Night Fever??? so on and so forth...
	Kids, you gotta love 'em.

> --B.B. King, "The Thrill is Gone" and Clarence
> Carter, "Patches". Both were legit top 40s hits
> but you probably only can hear them on blues
> shows on college radio.

	***  Played Patches, but didn't have any BB King.  Even played some
Led Zepplin's AM radio hits  because they were on AM as well. Got the
airchecks to show... naturally, they were all over FM... but it's fun
seguing that with other POP songs like they did back in the day.

> Anyway...interesting to wonder why some songs
> become "Lost 45s" (i.e., program directors choose
> not to put them in rotation...)

	That's how we get to play radio doing specialty shows...

	Ron   Gitschier
	Radio = Fun,  Fun = Radio