Re: Hyperlinks are not enough!

On 18 May 2001,  Bill O'Neill wrote:

> ...and isn't passing around a credited, referenced article akin to an
> advertisement for that body of work?  It also speaks to credibility
> and pertinance of the news source, IMO.  If they quoting you and even
> passing around links to your website, and your original presentation
> collects bird droppings within the week, what's the other downside
> again?

Distributing copies of a copyrighted work is infringement of copyright and
is actionable.  I do not believe that publishing a link to a copyrighted
work on a Website where it is entitled to be is an infringement, but I
don't know whether the courts have ruled on the point.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/