Re: First time on the air

On 14 May 2001,  Donna Halper wrote:

> At the risk of seeming like a party-pooper, my first time on the air was a
> lot different from most of the guys who replied.  Because I grew up at a
> time when top-40 was a white male preserve (no offence), when I innocently
> tried to follow my childhood dream and get on the air at my college
> station, I was told they didn't put "girls" on the air.

Gee, Donna, you should have gone to UMass.  WMUA had women on the air
quite often.  I have heard that at some point, they didn't want women to
do the news, but they certainly had women doing various other on-air work.
 There may still have been some discrimination that, being male, I was
unaware of, but it doesn't sound as bad as what you had at Northeastern.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/