Re: First time on the air

A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>Bob was talking today about his first time on
>radio, I believe as a teenager.  I've got Bob
>beat.

If we include Television and don't require that
said person actually uttered a coherent sentence,
then my son Kevin (late of KZEL in OR) may qualify.
When I worked for Channel 2, they were taping
a series called Dr. Turtle's Babies.  They asked
for an employee with a child 10-12 months old
and Kevin was perfect.  So, he was featured in a
scene where they contrasted babies at different
ages i.e. newborn and one year.  The doctor noted
that a one-year old was capable of standing up
with help. Holding his hands, Kevin stood up and
grinned - right on cue.  If only we had a video
tape of that show.  Alas, WGBH has destroyed all
copies of old shows like that.

Roger "Proud Papa" Kirk
rogerkirk@ttlc.net