Mega-flip in Hartford

        Sometime in the past few days, Mega flipped its WNEZ/910, New
Britain, from hip-hop to the usual Mega Spanish format. I first heard it
yesterday, with local announcing on the job.

        I think it was the only Mega station that wasn't Spanish. Probably
no coincidence that they gave it up on hip-hop just a month or two after
WZMX/93.7 flipped from "dancin' oldies" to hip-hop.

        WNEZ is now the best signal in the market doing Spanish. The others
are 1230/Manchester, the long-established WRYM/840/New Britain, and
1120/Bristol.