From: <Sptseditor@aol.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 20:13
Subject: Interference issue

> This one was rather odd, so I thought I'd ask the advice of our
engineering gurus...

> My parents live in South Boston, about a mile from the water. Recently,
they have begun receiving Radio Disney in their telephone. I thought this
odd, since they are probably 4-5 miles from 1260's antenna site in the
Neponset marshes.

> They called the telephone company and the phone company said it was a
problem with the telephone. Supposedly they changed to another non-cordless
phone and the same problem happened. The phone company has had problems with
the lines at this location in the past, so who knows if they are really to
be trusted or notn with their "expert" assessment. I don't think they've
talked to the neighbors to see if any of them are having any problems as
well.

> Could this be:
> 1.) Caused by the telephone (but there's been two of them, so who knows);
> 2.) Caused by a neighbor listening to RD (though I don't know what affect
that would have);
> 3.) Maybe a broadcast line carrying Disney's programming from its base to
Boston somehow being crossed (though I would imagine they use dishes);
> 4.) Somehow signal overload from a 5kw station in the middle of the band
making it that far from the transmitter.