Re: Interference issue

In a message dated Thu, 10 May 2001  8:34:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Mark Watson" <markwats@netway.com> writes:

<< Have they contacted the phone company to see what they can do to resolve
this issue? >>

They have. Verizon has simply said they need to buy a new phone. They have used different phones, to my understanding, yet have the same issue.

In an older phone line (now deactivated) at that residence, there was no problem with Radio Disney. This is also a recent issue, making me wonder if 1260 somehow upped its power or changed its pattern and I missed the news.

Still, the site is a good 4-5 miles from where they live, and they're not on the water so there's no salt-water path, and I don't think the ground conductivity in the city of Boston is that great, so it baffles me. I believe according to FCC regs radio stations are only responsible for abatement measures (filters on phones, toasters, fillings, and anything else that rattles with the station's programming) for a one-mile radius from the transmitter site.

-Sean