Re: Interference issue

 Sean wrote:

> My parents live in South Boston, about a mile from the water. Recently,
they have begun receiving Radio Disney in their telephone. I thought this
odd, since they are probably 4-5 miles from 1260's antenna site in the
Neponset marshes.

   Back in October 1980, when I was living in my parents' home in Lowell,
just down the hill from WCAP's then- new 5KW DA-2 site, WCAP came in loud
and clear on my phone line once they fired up the 5KW transmitter. My
parents' phone line, which is a different phone number, had no interference
from WCAP. I called the phone company several times to try to get the
problem corrected, finally being told that some kind of filter had to be put
on my line coming off the pole to the house. Next came the matter of who is
responsible for the bill for said filter, myself or WCAP. IIRC, the
interference vanished for good shortly after that, I don't recall having to
pay for any filter or related work.

   Have they contacted the phone company to see what they can do to resolve
this issue?

  Mark Watson