Re: Corperate radio/Clear Channel

On Sun, 6 May 2001, D. Luke Steele wrote:

> Dan Billings write:
> > I don't agree that WTOS was a great, or even good, radio station two years
> > ago.  I listened to the station a lot during that time period while
> > traveling around the state.  The station was unique, but did not meet the
> > definition of good radio that I had been taught.  The staff was self
> > indulgent and seemed to be doing what interested and entertained them
>
> Actually, sometimes that is a refreshing difference. We hear enough sterile
> corporate stations, a few that let the DJs be creative is a nice switch..

I dunno Dan, as a teenager living in southern Maine at that time I thought
TOS was an amazing radio station.....the way that they just sorta let
loose, I found it entertaining and funny. I will agree that their morning
show recycles the same humor over and over again and is far from one of
the better shows in the Bangor market.....I used to like it but now I feel
like I'm listening to the same show I did a few months ago....although I
haven't heard it in a while, I doubt it has changed.....

Jeremy