Re: Telecommunications Act (Lack of) Coverage

In a message dated 5/4/01 11:48:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu writes:

<< I believe (don't have recent information) that Bob was running some
 syndicated features on a bartered basis, and of course way-back-when
 USA Radio Network News which he hasn't run in at least five years.

I never made a penny (nor any other consideration) from any of those.  BTW,
USA News was free for the on-air ad-inclusion within the newscasts.  All was
well until USA starting requiring 24 hours (if station was 24/7).  Another
problem was them airing so many "Call 1-800-GO-PAT-GO" spots (not political,
but rather general CC stuff).     Dropped USA news and no one noticed.   -
As long as the music keeps playing........
----jibguy