Re: probate

On 27 Apr 2001,  Dave Faneuf wrote:

> My last posting got me to thinking (incert joke here).  When the sole
> owner of a radio station passes away, is the station probated like any
> other asset?  Does the FCC get involved somehow?  I guess my question is
> what happens?

That's one reason why most stations are owned through a corporation.  The
corporation can be structured so as to pass control to someone else, often
without probate.  The FCC may be another matter, but at least the cost and
inconvenience of probate is avoided.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/