AM 1570 Unmodulated Signal

Today (04/29/01) I was checking the receiver that
displays the relative strength of AM stations, and
I picked up an unmodulated carrier at 1570.  It
was probably WNSH Beverly either testing from the
college (Endicott?) that will be the home of their
new transmitter plant, or that odd little stick in
South Hamilton.  It was a trifle weaker than before,
and the pointer moved a little bit from right to left,
probably interference from co-owned WPEP Taunton.

Laurence Glavin
The City of Methuen, MA
(just mailed my May 1st rl estate tax made out to "City of  Methuen";
still feels like a town.

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com