Station Tower lighting

> Usually 3 towers in a straight line, the two end ones are lit and the middle
> is not.
> -----jibguy

One facility I was always curious about with a 3 tower AM is the 930 in
Rochester, NH. Situated near the top of a hill, with an airport less than 1/2 a
mile away the end two towers are lit, the middle one is not. I'm sure it's not a
normal direction of approach and departure from the airport, but being in such
close proximity I would think all potential precautions would be taken. I guess
they meet all requirements though as it's been this way as long as I can
remember.

-Ben