Re: RE: WDER 1320 AM Derry has a web site

At least one of the main issuers of website domains
has discounted the price of .net and .org addresses
since they're not getting "taken" as often as
.com addresses. There are many people who want a
"dot-com" but "dot-net" and "dot-org" are not as
attractive (somehow people like the ring of "dot-com"
better?). Maybe these stations prefer paying $22 or
$25 instead of $35, taking advantage of the "sale").

Originally, .com was for business (but a person could
register their name with a .com even if they didn't
have a business, and some have), .net for internet
service providers, and .org for non-profit
organizations (for example, WKSU in Kent, Ohio
has http://www.wksu.org ). In addition, .edu is for
educational facilities (mit.edu, for example).