Re: WBIX...in it's present form.

WBIX, under the rental if the Bleidts may last a lot longer than folks here
speculate.   The radio station rental may be what a dealership calls a "loss
leader".... a car that is advertised in the papers as a really great deal:
!!"2001 Honda CR-V NEW! Only $15,900!!.  But when you get to the showroom,
it's painted pink, with green stripes....some demonstration model used at a
Peter Max convention.  They only had one car at this price, selling it way
under-invoice, but the ad lured 200 people to the dealer's showroom.  -
Convert to radio now....   The Bleidts likely have a large financial business
which does pretty well, and if the loss-leader radio project loses money for
even as long as 5 or 10 years, no sweat, because it brought 3x as much $$$ to
their main business.    Just ask Mr. Bloomberg.  He doesn't regret buying
1130.
-------jibguy

In a message dated 4/25/01 3:30:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com writes:

<< > This deal
 > allowed Langer to stop hemmoraging cash and probably to
 > run WBIX at or near break-even (as far as his own cash
 > flow is concerned). I suppose that Langer may be a
 > little concerned about the Bleidt's cash flow...

 Regardless of wether it's Langer or the Bleidts...somewhere along the line
 it's gonna catch up with the operation....So I think I 'get it" more than
 you think.  ;-)

 Sooner or later a station with no listeners to support it's programs or
 sponsors goes away....when the bills in this column are not covered by the
 revenues in that column.  Wether it's the Bleidts leger sheet or Langers.