Re: WBIX...in it's present form.

My point was that those who write about 1060 as if Langer were calling the
shots don't get it. WBIX appears to be "his" station in name only.

My source  was a posting here, months ago, from a usually reliable person.
Note also that offices and studios of WBIX and WMEX before it
occupied/occupy space owned by or leased to the Bleidt's financial
management firm. The money mangement business is obviously profitable (or it
has been until recently). It appears that the Bleidts invested in the radio
station because they thought it would be fun, because they already had a
relationship with Langer (they were on WRPT from day one), because promotion
on the radio might help their business, and most of all, because they saw
the potential for a capital gain by selling the station at the right time.

In any event, they appear have cleverly structured their deal with Langer so
that they can use the radio station as a tax shelter. Although I have no
reason to believe that their relationship with Langer is not a friendly one,
their LMA of substantially all of the station's air time looks to me like an
attempt to safeguard their investment by, in effect, taking over the
property. I suspect that after the station receives a license to operate
24/7, they will cash out--provided that the market for AMs hasn't tanked in
the meantime. My guess is that they have the money and the patience to hang
in until they find a buyer who can offer them what they consider to be an
acceptable price. I suspect that that would be somewhere north of $8
million. If they get it, they should at least have doubled their money, and
on an after-tax basis, should have done substantially better than that.

--

Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
Phone: 1-617-558-4205, eFax: 1-707-215-6367