Re: WBIX...in it's present form.

From: <dan.strassberg@att.net>

> You and the otthers who have posted to this effect don't
> get it.

Well, then all of us who "don't get it" need to be enlightened by a bright
fellow like you.

> Langer has LMAed the time from 6:00 AM to 7:00
> PM M-F to Brad and Bonnie Bleidt, the Money Couple, who
> run a financial planning firm...

I knew that the morning show was a LMA/barter-type deal...But I hadn't heard
that the entire station was....what is your source for this?

> This deal
> allowed Langer to stop hemmoraging cash and probably to
> run WBIX at or near break-even (as far as his own cash
> flow is concerned). I suppose that Langer may be a
> little concerned about the Bleidt's cash flow...

Regardless of wether it's Langer or the Bleidts...somewhere along the line
it's gonna catch up with the operation....So I think I 'get it" more than
you think.  ;-)

Sooner or later a station with no listeners to support it's programs or
sponsors goes away....when the bills in this column are not covered by the
revenues in that column.  Wether it's the Bleidts leger sheet or Langers.

> but from
> an earlier post here that suggested that WBIX was paying
> producers more than WRKO pays for similar positions, it
> doesn't sound as if the Bleidts are too worried--yet.

No, I'm sure at this point there still full of hope with twinkles in their
eye of getting rich and being 'stars'.

But we saw what happenned to the first business model for 1060AM.  And this
business plan doesn't look any more realistic.

JP