Re: WNTK 1020 AM opts for a change in format

> On the other hand, I think your typical cellular monopole is a great
> deal more obtrusive than 199-foot unpainted, unlit, guyed steel
> towers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. The cellular companies say
in open meetings that they use monopoles because they are more "visually
pleasing" but I wonder according to whom?? To me they look like oversized
streetlights, and know I have much more trouble seeing guyed towers than
monopoles when I'm working on a microwave link. (hey, maybe that's why
they like them...)

Ben Gore