Re: Bad Air: the Death of Local Radio ...

Donna Halper wrote:

>Umm, I know several of their announcers and that's not what they told
>me.  Nice equipment, maybe, but much lower pay than at, let's say Kiss 108
>or Magic 106.7, and the air staff is expected to work longer hours
>too.

But that could be said about WFNX, the old WILD or any of a dozen
rimshotters.  My guess is that few stations in Manchester, Portsmouth or
Providence pay their jocks $40/hr either or let their jocks work 5-day
weeks.    What does class have to do with payroll?  IIRC Mega's stations
are a bunch of low power suburban AMs.  I doubt their yearly cash flow
approaches what Kiss bills in a month.