Re: WMEX in Foster's

umar@nerodia.wcrb.com wrote:

>A station that really does play more music and less (none at all while I
>was listening) commercials. Locally programmed, too; the music comes from
>a computer at the transmitter shack.

Checked them out today.  They get stepped on in Manchester by B-106, but
they're listenable on a car radio in Concord.  What I heard seemed to be
pretty standard fare, definitely focused on pre-1965 era.  In 45 min or so
only heard 2 songs newer than 1965 (Venus-Shocking Blue & To Love
Somebody-BeeGees).  I would have thought that they would have played up the
WMEX aspect more--positioners seemed more Oldies 106.