Re: No Pride at WSMN

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:10:15 -0700 (PDT) John Bolduc <n1qgs@yahoo.com>
writes:
> From an inquiry I posted at the Nashua Pride Baseball Team web site:
> The Nashua Pride and Radio Station WSMN Nashua NH 1590 AM have
> agreed NOT
> to have discussions to broadcast the games this year. In 1998,and
> 1999
>snip<
> So with New Hampshire's only professional baseball team not having
> radio
> coverage, I wonder if the new Manchester Monarch's of the American
> Hockey
> League will have radio coverage come this autumn?
> John
> Derry NH
>> http://www.nashuapride.com

I don't think you can compare the Nashua Pride (or Lowell Spinners for
that matter) with an AHL Franchise.  Nashua and Lowell are not the final
step to "the big show" while the AHL is.  I don't think the Monarch's
will have too much trouble finding a Manchester/Condord outlet they might
even be able to get a TV deal with 9 or 50.  What will be interesting to
me is the impact they have on the Lowell Lock Monsters.  The Monsters are
struggling to get attendance as it is, and with another franchise this
close it could spell trouble for the Monsters IMO.  Who are the Monarch's
affiliated with?
df
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.