Re: No Pride at WSMN

I would think there will be more desire to carry the top minor league to the NHL (AHL) that also has franchises in most major NE cities, such as Providence, Worcester, Portland..etc.. as opposed to the Atlantic League, which I understand plays at between an "A" and "AA" level, whose closest competitor is Bridgeport CT, and is not even afilliated with MLB.

I read that WFEA (1370-Manchester), WKBR (1250-Manchester) and WKXL (1450-Concord...did not say if the /FM will also carry) have already expressed interest.

I think the Monarchs will have no trouble getting a solid radio deal, perhaps even a multi-station deal to carry what will be New Hampshire's highest level sports team.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

n1qgs@yahoo.com wrote:
> From an inquiry I posted at the Nashua Pride Baseball Team web site:
The Nashua Pride and Radio Station WSMN Nashua NH 1590 AM have agreed NOT
to have discussions to broadcast the games this year. In 1998,and 1999
WSMN broadcast all home and away games. (The Pride apparently paid $25,000
per year to the station for this arrangement). Last year it was announced
that there would be zero radio broadcasts, but a the very last minute a
deal was struck to broadcast home games to $10,000.

This year, both parties have agreed not to negotiate any deals.

So with New Hampshire's only professional baseball team not having radio
coverage, I wonder if the new Manchester Monarch's of the American Hockey
League will have radio coverage come this autumn?

John
Derry NH

http://www.nashuapride.com