Re: national sports radio networks

Ah, OK; but it is true that SportsFan does have
3 competitors, some with very deep pockets (and
more affiliates) like ESPN (part of the Disney
empire). That certainly doesn't make it easier
for SportsFan; when sports talk stations decide
to run satellite programming, be it overnight or
full-time, a more stable company like ESPN has a
bit of an edge. Plus the likes of ESPN or Fox
have "big name" talk hosts who are also known on
TV (Dan Patrick, Jim Rome, etc.)

If SportsFan were to go under as a cost-cutting
move for Winstar, I'd expect "J.T. The Brick" to
try to move his show onto one of the other nets.
By the way, ESPN's "Fabulous Sports Babe" wound up
on SportsFan when she was cut by ESPN Radio and then
I think SportsFan let her go as well (I think she
may be internet-only at this point.)

And in the "I knew them 'when'" category: J.T.'s
producer is Bobby Machado, who used to be on after
me on WNSH and also worked with me at WMWM.