Re: national sports radio networks

--- "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Continuing some of the recent talk about sports radio:
>
> Overnights WEEI runs "J.T. The Brick" from the
> SportsFan radio network. Went onto his site
> (http://www.jtthebrick.com) and saw that SportsFan is
> going thru financial troubles (apparently) and
> have cut some of their hosts. It could happen that
> they may eventually go under, I'd guess.
> Could be the economy or maybe the fact that they
> have competition from no less than three all-sports
> national nets:

I think in this particular case it's the parent company, Winstar
Comm. which is going thru a rough stretch. They're carrying
a $3.5 billion debt and their share price went from $60 to 60 cents in
less than a year. Last Friday they layed off 2,000 workers
so I am sure some of the cuts would stretch to their
radio subsidary, SportsFan.