Re: FCC gives "guidelines" on indecency

I downloaded the text from the FCC decision, and skimmed over it.
I agree that the FCC should concern itself more with the regulatory side, not the
programming side.
Furthermore, as a government bureau, they should uphold our first amendment
rights, not threaten them.
Those that feel the need to complain to the FCC about something aired that
they feel is offensive, should take comfort in knowing that however offensive the
comment, it won't compare to the oppression that we will feel if our rights to
free speech are whittled away.
But the point that Ms. Halper is making,
 is Mr. Powell on one hand, says he is backing off, and other he issues decency
guidelines. That scenario needs an explanation.