Re: The Celtics play the Zone(Re: Sox games bump Celts to 'RKO)

"Bob Nelson...WMWM" wrote:

> Now that I've seen the calendar again, I should say
> that the billboard simply says "WNAC Dial 680".
> I was assuming that the billboard was promoting the
> station that was currently carrying them. The
> billboard
> was on the side of a building just over the Green
> Monster...

The building which housed the WNAC, and later the WRKO/WROR, studios at
the time.

Still later, the building was part of Grahm Junior College.

The "billboard" was actually painted on the side of the brick building.
Five or six years ago, the current paint job was fading and you could
make out the old WRKO sign underneath as you crossed the Mass Pike
overpass going into Kenmore Square.
Tony Abruzzese                  e-mail: abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Network Administrator                         Biochemistry Department
              Boston University School of Medicine
Telephone:617.638.5092                               Fax:617.638.5339