Re: Unusual conditions on the AM band locally last night

--- "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <kaimbridge@my-deja.com>
wrote:
> Yup, it's El Sol alright, though it is not the
> sunspot or even flare
> itself--it's the "coronal mass ejection" (CME) that
> the flare emits
<snip>

 I've observed these conditions a few other times in
the past few years, although last night was a very
strong case of it. However, why are the Cubans
thundering in when nearly all the other skywaves seem
to be suppressed? Is it compass heading? Castro exempt
from laws of physics?

I checked for a few usually weak or no-show U.S.
stations roughly to the south -- 650, 820, 870,
1200,but there was nothing. WSB was absent while
Spanish language I presume was Cuban was very strong
on 750. No sign of the Bahamas on 1540. How does this work?