Re: ESPN in RI, Jerry Williams (was re: WICE)

In a message dated Tue, 3 Apr 2001  3:19:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com> writes:

<< According to their website (not sure how current it
is), WSKO (790) in Providence runs ESPN on nights
and weekends:

http://www.790thescore.com/programming.html

(I believe WSKO and WICE are co-owned.)>>

WICE is owned (or was owned) by the principals of Back Bay Broadcasters, former owners of WEEI and WARA, among others. WSKO, along with WPRO, WPRO-FM, and some other stations, IIRC, are owned by Citadel.

Dan is right. They probably had to put ESPN Radio on the weaker signal to avoid some contracual clause with 790. However, I am sure once that contract (if there is one in place) runs out, no such issues would exist anymore.

Which is the stronger signal in the Providence market, 550 or 790?

-Sean