RE: 89.3 in Beverly (again)

<<On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:57:46 -0800 (PST), "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com> said:

> Radio Free Allston used to use 106.1, same freq as WCOD on Cape Cod
> but that's fairly far away;

Not really.  I hear WCOD all the time when summer trops are up.  (The
cool air over Cape Cod Bay in the summer serves as a marvelous
``lens'' to refract FM signals from the Cape into Boston.)

> Now of course they're on at legitimate flea-power (a micro-watt?) on
> the AM dial.

Part 15 allows up to 100 mW into a few feet of antenna.  Several
people on this list have experience in building part-15 systems and
can provide more details.

-GAWollman