Re: Weather cancellations

On 9 Mar 2001,  Chris Adams wrote:

> It's possible that things have changed since I was there, but once was the
> time that Channel 7 received all their cancellation notices from WRKO. I
> was at WRKO, and throughout the winter, part of my job was to compile the
> cancellations, and make sure the lists got faxed to Channel 7. That was
> five years ago or so, and things could have changed...

Channel 7 used to advertize the fact that they had the WRKO list.  As one
storm approached, on a date that I had a trial scheduled, I asked and
found out that the Massachusetts trial courts announce cancellations on
WRKO (or at least they did at the time).  So I was able to get the word by
watching channel 7, too.

Now, they apparently do their own cancellations, with the result that they
don't carry information about court cancellations.  I had a pre-trial
conference in Worcester on Tuesday.  By phone, I ascertained that the
court office was open on Monday, but they were being told that they would
be closed Tuesday.  I verified that Tuesday by finding that nobody was
answering the clerk's office phone.

I suppose I could have listened to WRKO, but I tend to get my news from
television these days more than radio.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/