Re: Weather cancellations

At 02:25 PM 3/8/01 -0500, Chris Beckwith wrote:
>And I'll close with this observation:  where does at least one Southern Maine
>radio station get its cancellation info?  The crawl from one of the TV
stations
>in Portland.  Why do they do this?  Because that's where the information
is; the
>TV stations get called first by schools and event coordinators (quite
often to
>the exclusion of most radio stations.)  Don't think for a moment that
civilians
>haven't picked up on this.

It's possible that things have changed since I was there, but once was the
time that Channel 7 received all their cancellation notices from WRKO. I
was at WRKO, and throughout the winter, part of my job was to compile the
cancellations, and make sure the lists got faxed to Channel 7. That was
five years ago or so, and things could have changed...

Chris Adams