Re: Radio Turn-offs

I recoil in horror when I hear "cute" phrases I had to read over and
over thanks to sales people who thought they were sooo clever as
copywriters:

"for all your Christmas gifting"

"it's a special sale-a-bration"

"THE place for..." (with the definite article pronounced with a long e)

A couple irksome phrases I've heard from announcers who should know
better:

"in case you're listening"

"in case you just tuned in" (not inherently awful, but it always reminds
me of the WKXL play-by-play guy who used this phrase several times an
hour, every time he gave the score)

It's disappeared from NHPR's airwaves, but for quite some time listeners
were subjected to an enhanced underwriter announcement about an
establishment whose goods were prepared "on the premise."  And what
premise would that be?  This made me wince so frequently that I wrote to
the program director about it...but to no avail.