Re: Radio Turn-offs

> - Traffic Reporters that talk way too fast during a
> report.  (I consider a
> traffic report an extension of news...take time to
> explain...)

They need to do it quick so they can get to all the
ads. Sometimes this also happens with sports stations
when they try to fit two minutes worth of scores into
a one-minute "sportsflash".

> - Weather forecasts with too much detail.  On a
> "normal" weather day, just
> the facts, please.

Some detail is OK, but sometimes they do go into
too much detail (want all that detail? That's what
The Weather Channel is for). Remember when the weather
segment on The (Ch. 2) Ten O'Clock News ran for
only a minute or so (I think the anchor, Lydon, did
it).
Of course this kind of approach would put
weathercasters out of work (having the anchor do it,
etc.)