Re: Expanded band query...?

mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu writes:

<<  The 1976 Broadcasting yearbook shows ZNS as 20 kW, for what
 that's worth. >>

ZNS has been a "Bahamian Clear Channel" with (according to ZNS), the reserved
ability to use 50kw directional.  They chose 20kw as they believed that the
outermost islands, such as Mayaguana, Inagua, San Salvador, etc, could hear
the signal fine on 20kw.
    Five years ago, their two towers:  one had the top section (about 50 ft
of tower), missing.   (Fell off in a hurricane 9 months prior to my
then-visit.)  So I wonder what their signal was like then!
---jibguy