Re: Boston radio's pizza connection

I was making a point about the protocol....not the philosophies involved.

(BTW...I only pursue this discussion on this list for it's relevance to
media, mass communications and it's journalistic flavor. )

Again, we are speaking about an organizations...with a charters, membership,
spokespersons etc.  It is generally accepted that you refer to someone by
what they wish to be called......

BTW...The biggest pro-life organization in Massachusetts,  MCFL, ARE
anti-euthanasia, anti-death penalty.
Therefore they logically choose the name "pro-life" to describe themselves.

Again, I am not arguing your philosophy...nor mine.  Just the manner and
order of polite discourse and discussion.  When someone sneaks in a phrase
or term that indicates a value judgement...especially in a news story, they
have stopped "reporting" the facts and have started editorializing.   Or in
this case a radio discussion mailing list...they have stopped discussing
radio and made statements about their personal philoosphies....which is
apparently what Paul Hopfgarten objected to.

(BTW...If I were to refer to your postion as 'pro-death'...I think you would
not consider that an accurate or flattering portrayal of your side....which
Mike said he sees no problem with.)

>>"Anti-choice" is the opposite of "pro-choice" which is how the left
promotes their position because
>> to them, the issue of "choice" is the most important.  Either one is
acceptable IMHO.

Joe Papp