Re: Re: WBUR Connection

I was just about to bring this up (local vs. syndie
talk). Sure, some sydie shows can be good but it's
great to have shows that originate locally and also
focus on local issues. (Note that WRKO's Howie Carr
technically has only his last hour as a "local hour"
and even that sometimes goes into non-local stuff.)

Note that WTKK also re-broadcasts ("Radio Rewind" as
they call it) Barnicle from 8 to 10 pm and Severin
from midnight to 4 am or so. I listen to Howie during
the afternoon and Severin at night (I work nights).

While I'm on the subject of Boston talk radio:

--I haven't tuned into Barnicle much but it seems
like he doesn't take phone calls--he'll have guests
like the Globe's Dan Shaughnessy and chat with them,
but no calls. Afraid people will ask him about his
plagiarism controversy? Well, maybe he just wants to
do a no-callers show.

--I was not too crazy about WRKO's promos during the
election controversy (and other times) in which they
claimed "only one station lets you talk about it".
Excuse me? Are they intentionally NOT mentioning that
WBZ and WTKK exist? (And for awhile there was WMEX
as well; you could also include WBUR, etc.) This would
be like Coca-Cola saying that Pepsi and RC Cola didn't
exist; that Coca-Cola is the only manufacturer of cola
in the world.

Sounds outrageous, but WRKO was saying, in effect,
they were the only talk station around. Entercom must
think WRKO's listeners have superglued their radio
dials to 680 and are unaware that other talk stations
exist.