Re: Re: Re: WBUR Connection

OK...I forgot WBIX...(I used to listen to Gene Burns in the short-lived WMEX days), which does come in quite well in Derry during its 40kw incarnation.(SR-SS)(Even the PSSA of ??kw to KYW SS for 15 min or so comes in OK)

However....

WNNW (1110-Salem) en Espanol...wipes out any chance of getting 1120 in Derry...and WCRN...I thought they went from Religion to a Nostalgia Format recently..

Since I was talking "Boston" stations, I did not include WGIR/N/P which is local talk 9AM-12Noon (610 Manchester/930 Rochestrer/1540 Exeter), nor WTSN (1270-Dover) which does not really come in particually well in Derry. (WSMW-1590 Nashua has some local talk in some dayparts...but they keep changing so I'm not sure what's local at the moment)

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Dan Strassberg <Dan.Strassberg@att.net> wrote:
> Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

WBIX all day M-F, WBNW et al, a lot of the day beginning at either 8:30 or
9:00 AM. You're in New Hampshire, right? You should be able to pick up some
of the WBNW fare either on WCRN 830 (9:00 to 11:00) or on 1270 (and I think
1540) in southern NH.

Also, from a promo I heard on WBUR, the effete (and at least
pseudo-intellectual) Michael Goldfarb is beginning what sounds like a trial
run at 8:00 tonight. Is this another Jane Christo ploy to show Lydon how
deep WBUR's reserves are? Could be. From what I've heard of Goldfarb,
however (through listening, not heresay), no matter how bright, worldly, and
well-read he is, his unctuous, effeminate manner will drive away more
listeners than it will ever attract.

--

Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
Phone: 1-617-558-4205, eFax: 1-707-215-6367