Re: smooth jazz

Bob Nelson writes:

> I'm not really into smooth jazz, but I just came back
> from Burlington, VT where I rolled one side of a C90
> to tape WXPS (96.7, licensed to Willsboro, NY, I
> believe-- their ID says "Willsboro- Burlington-
> Plattsburgh)  <snip> Again, I'm not a fan of smooth jazz but it didn't
seem
> bad as I listened to it (I could take some of it in
> small doses, maybe...but that's just me). I'm sure
> there are some on this list who are mystified that
> smooth jazz is on in a small(er) market like the
> Champlain Valley but it isn't on in Boston.

As a Champlain Valley transplant from the Boston area, I do have 96.7 on
at work (Williston, VT) and as an occasional distraction back on the
southward trek home when I can't find a single local talker in the
Burlington/Plattsburg market in PM drive.  The station sounds almost
completely voice tracked.  Not sure about AM drive since I've not
listened then.  Who owns that station? Are their voices 'borrowed' as in
many new configurations?  As for the format, it fits in very well with
the scenery up here, Adirondacks on the west of you, Greens to the east.
99.9 The Buzz just doesn't seem to make it.  Like Hillary Clinton and
her new hair.

Bill O'Neill