Re: WKOX in today's FCC APPS.

Yes, it's the application to move to the WUNR site.
However, from what I saw previously, it was unclear
whether this application was for full-time or only for
nights. WKOX also has filed an application (one of
perhaps 20 it has filed in connection with the power
increase over the last five or six years) to increase to
50 kW days from its existing site using its two existing
towers. The pattern would be similar to WBIX's except
WBIX's pattern is severely nulled to the south-southwest
to protect KYW. WKOX's daytime application for 50 kW
from the current towers is for a pattern with
substantial radiation to the south-southwest--if I
recall, more than the equivalent of the current 10 kW ND
days.

What you can also find if you poke around long enough in
the FCC database is an application by WRCA to increase
to 17 kW using the same five towers at the WUNR site
(with COL changed from Waltham to Watertown). Like the
WKOX application, it's unclear whether WRCA is proposing
to operate full-time or only nights from the WUNR site.

What I could NOT find was any trace of an application by
WUNR to change facilities. I've heard that WUNR has no
intention of participating or allowing the other
stations to use its site. Clear Channel might have to
buy WUNR at a really astonomical price (considering the
facilities) to make the WKOX move happen. Then there are
the NIMBY issues with the City of Newton that will
undoubtedly accompany the attempt to construct five new
towers.