Re: NERW 1/15: Citadel, WROL, and WKOX -- Sold!

On 20 Jan 2001,  Scott D Fybush wrote:

It's
> also not the first time WEZE has had a partner on the Boston dial;
> Salem paired it with WPZE (1260) for a year or so after WEZE moved
> from that 1260 spot to 590 in 1997.  Could 950 become the "new WPZE"?

I hope not.  Doesn't Salem have a history of respect for historic call
letters?  Or am I thinking of another company.

Of course, WROL isn't really the historic call letters of that station,
but it's as close as they can come right now to their original, historic
call letters of WORL.

 > Out west, UMass/Amherst student station WMUA (91.1 Amherst) could soon
> be getting out a bit better.  The station has been granted a tower
> height increase, from 8 meters above average terrain to 39 meters,
> albeit with a power drop from 1000 watts to 450 watts.  The new tower
> will be adjacent to the old one on campus.

Will the increase in height actually make up for the power reduction?
Their present signal gets out fairly well in the area.  I couldn't get
them in the Berkshires, but that may be in part because of a strong
station coming in from somewhere in New York state.  Eastward along the
Turnpike, they fade out around Sturbridge.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/