Re: Framingham station sale may shake up talk radio in Hub

Dave Faneuf wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:11:25 -0500 Norm Rosen <inorm99@earthlink.net>
> writes:
> > Chris Beckwith wrote:
> >

> > http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/radi01172001.htm
> >
> > If WKOX becomes talk, it will be  a nice addition and it will
> > certainly
> > dominate in metrowest
> >
> >  where WRKO's nightime reception is poor.
> >
> > WKOX also should pick up where WMEX1060 dropped the ball, and be
> > LOCAL.
> > Local talk, local
> >
> > news.
> >
> > The old WKOX was almost exclusively syndicated talk.
>
> Actually the OLD WKOX was exclusively LOCAL!
>
> df

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Even though I only heard WKOX in 1996, I have to mention by then, they had
Tom Leykis, middays, Dr. Laura afternoon drive, than Gil Gross at night.
They were on their last legs as a talk station and except for local
newscasts during the day,
not local.