Re: Why?????

It appears that baseball has told Montreal to stay put for now ( and wait
til after the new labor deal is settled)

Last week Labatt pulled out as a major Expos sponsor in part because the
team had no radio-tv deals lined up for 2001. Signing with RDS at least is
a start.

In any event long time Expo's announcer Dave Van Horne will not be back.
He got frustrated last season only doing the games via internet. Only the
last game of the season was on radio last year (CJAD) as a tribute to Van
Horne.

It may be that the Expos also think they can make inroads with sports fans
in Quebec this summer since the Habs have become the laughing stock of the
NHL.