Re: Brudnoy shilling for Monster.com?

On Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:41:35 -0500 Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
writes:
> Am I the only one who noticed (and was puzzled by) the two effusive
> shows
> David Brudnoy did with the CEO of job-search website Monster.com?  I
>
> realise that folks from WBZ read this list, and I hope they won't
> take
> offence, but I am very curious as to how an obvious info-mercial got
> TWO
> separate hour-long segments of Brudnoy.  It doesn't seem like the
> sort of
> subject he would find news-worthy, nor does it seem like the kind of
>
> subject he would normally devote even one hour to, let alone two.
> Was this
> thrust upon him by the sales dept, I wonder?  I would hope that
> Brudnoy's
> show can remain a talk show devoted to intelligent discussion, and
> in such
> an environment, I don't think info-mercials fit, even if they are
> lucrative.

My contact at Soldiers Field Rd tells me that Monster.Com has made a
substantial buy with Infinity or perhaps some kind of partnership, not
only was he on Brudnoy's show for a couple of hours but he was also on
Paul Perry's morning show on WODS for two hours.  The "media tour"
someone mentioned, was the "tour" confined to Infinity stations?

df
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.