Re: Public Radio New Year's Eve

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:36:05 -0500 Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net> writes:
> I did some listening around the 88-92 band just before midnight on
> New Years Eve, while driving home from work.   While WGBH did pick
> up
> the NPR live New Years Eve all night jazz show, I was disappointed
> that the majority of the stations just stuck to their normal Sunday
> evening programs, airing either public service or classical music
> programming.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong supporter of public radio.  But I'm
>
> disappointed that more stations didn't break format and air some
> programming with a celebratory mood that people would actually want
> to listen to on New Years Eve.
>
> It makes one wonder if those making programming decisions at these
> stations are really depressed, really anal, or just plain lazy, or a
>
> combination of the aforementioned.
> --

Hey, I wrapped up my shift at midnight with a cut of "Let's party...Linus
and Lucy theme from Peanuts.... of course it was only the :40 seconds I
had between the end of "Soundprint" and beginning of the ID, read under
funders of course...LOL   ;-)

DF (pulling the last shift of the 20th Century on WBUR)
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.