CBS sounder

Thus spake Bill:

> CBS Radio will ditch its new sounder in the hopes no one noticed the
> speak n' spell brilliance released last week.  Hello, Columbia?

I'm surprised at the criticism directed at the new CBS News intro. In my
opinion, the old one sounded like an electronic siren, while the new one
sounds like an actual bit of music.

Of course, when the BBC gave up the march "Lily Marlene" for some
new-agey tinkling on the synthesizer, *that* was a loss.   And they seem
to have recognized that, 'cause they've gone on to some other
replacement.

The movie _Broadcast News_ had a wry scene about music sounders for news
shows; does anyone else remember it?

--RC