Re: Globe shrinks in size and now in Stature.

I'm interested by the difference in coverage nationally of the Wakefiled
shooting and the shooting of 10 people, with 7 deaths, in Philadelphia.  The
Wakefield incident rightly got big coverage, but the Philadelphia incident
has got little.  I guess the media has made the judgment that the killing of
7 people in a crack house is not a tragedy.  Maybe they assume the victims
had it coming.  The difference in coverage, of two incidents coming only days
apart, is striking.  It says a lot about how our society put different values
on human life.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine