Re: voice-tracking is the symptom, but it's not the disease

In a message dated 12/27/00 6:01:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
beckwith@ime.net writes:

<< I was out of the broadcast loop when news broke last Saturday that
 longtime Portland, Maine City Manager Bob Ganley had died suddenly--which of
 the news operations in Portland was most on top of the story? >>

WCSH had the story to lead the news at 6:00 PM.  All the stations had video
from the Mayor's press conference for 11:00 PM.  My impression was that there
was a release announcing the press conference sent out by the city.  I'm not
sure anyone actually did any reporting to get the story.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine