Re: voice-tracking is the symptom, but it's not the disease

On 27 Dec 2000,  Dan Strassberg wrote:

> This is one area where I agree with a lot--though not all--of what you say,
> Mike. Beginning in 1972, John Garabedian's little WGTR 1060 in Natick was
> voice-tracked in most dayparts--often including AM drive. Yes there were
> occasional screwups, but the sound and feel were live, and the little
> suburban daytimer with an air staff of only four or five, was able to sound
> competitive with the Boston powerhouses of the day.

Then again, WJIB often sounds live when it's running on Bob's dual-VCR
setup.  Then again, sometimes there's 20-minutes of dead air before the
next tape starts.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/